1st March 2020 marks the 150th anniversary of the opening of the Leicester School of Art in 1870. The organisation would grow, merge, change its name and eventually become De Montfort University.
The #DMUHeritage team would like to invite contributions from former staff and students of:
- Leicester College of Art
- Leicester College of Technology
- Leicester Polytechnic
- De Montfort University
- Charles Frears School of Nursing
- City of Leicester Training College for Teachers
- City of Leicester College of Education
- DMU Bedford
- DMU Lincoln
- DMU Milton Keynes
What would we like?
- Your memories – whether you would like to complete one of our questionnaires, speak to us, record a video or write it down
- Any documents, brochures, leaflets, certificates, photographs or similar that relate to the history of DMU and its predecessors
- Objects, artworks, textiles, clothing or similar that relate to the history of DMU and its predecessors
What will you do with them?
With your permission:
- Any memories or items you share with us may be used in an exhibition to be held at DMU and locations across Leicester, with an accompanying book and website. The exhibition will tell the history of DMU through archives and artefacts.
- Any memories or stories you record for us will be added to the institutional archive held at DMU.
- You can donate any items or documents to become part of the historical materials held at DMU Special Collections, or if you do not want to part with them we can take a photograph or a scan.
#DMUHeritage are holding “Meet the Archivists” sessions during Heritage Sundays in November 2018 and in April and September 2019 (the last Sunday of every month). We will be available for a chat between 11 and 3 in Trinity Hospital Chapel on the DMU Campus.
- write to us at Special Collections, Library and Learning Services, De Montfort University, The Gateway, LE1 9BH
- email us at email@example.com
- phone us at 0116 250 6392
- tweet us at @DMUspecialcolls
- pop in for a visit – the archive is open to the general public free of charge on Tuesday to Friday 10 till 5, and on the first Saturday of every month 10 till 2.
- complete our questionnaire here: (TBC) or contact us for a paper copy if you prefer.